Sales Tools and Technology – A must have for every business!!
by Nitin Gupta, on Aug 29, 2017 10:36 AM
It always sounds fantastic when the business is in growth mode. But the challenge is to maintain that growth consistently and scaling the sales.
To handle this sales growth, organizations hire more sales reps to see that the vision of scaling is met. However, doing so usually creates additional challenges.
Organizations normally have a tendency to automate processes such as payroll, project management, HR, and even marketing. Sales as a business function is usually given the last priority possibly because it is traditionally considered as people oriented process rather than task oriented. However, in today’s hyper-competitive business world, automating sales and its related processes has become increasingly important. If implemented right, sales automation tools can eliminate many time-consuming and manual tasks that eat up valuable selling time. Underestimating the potential of technology for sales productivity can adversely affect the efficiency of sales reps and in a long run and may prove costly for organizations.
Some of the ways in which companies are losing on revenue and market share by not using sales tools and technology are:
Sales process automation through the right use of tools come with a number of benefits including:
- Lot of time and money is wasted to hire a new sales employee, the on-boarding process, training them, coaching and getting them up and running. Automating this process and workflows can save much valued time that can be used in critical business activities.
- Sales rep is unable to utilize marketing content in an effective manner. Sales rep is usually flooded with marketing content. It becomes difficult for them to find the right content to send to prospects. Searching for this content costs a lot of time.
- Without the right tools sales reps are not prepared before calling or meeting a prospect/customer with much needed deal information. Hence they are not able to create value during the meeting or call.
- All this may result in decreases market share.
- Optimizing sales opportunity: by managing follow-ups and also setting reminders through each stage of the sales process. Those in sales can concentrate on improving the quality of their interactions instead of managing follow-ups.
- Prioritization of sales: Automation of sales lead ensures that sales rep spent time with the highest quality leads while they also have access to factors such as overall deal value and the probability of a deal closing.
- Accurate forecasting: Sales automation software provides teams with much needed tools to accurately forecast based on opportunities.
- Improved up-selling and cross-selling: This help the salesmen to gain a greater understanding of their customers through customer demographics and other important customer metrics. This information helps in more efficient and targeted up-sell or cross-sell activities.
The key objective of implementing a sales automation system is making it easier to manage the process that enables closing the deals faster. Organizations can even analyze what parts of a process or workflow should be automated to see if a particular process or workflow requires more workforces or more time.
The best automation software brings efficiency to the system and sales teams, increases their productivity, and removes any smallest possibility of an error. It aligns the workflows and processes with business objective and provides better visibility on everything. Ultimately, it is beneficial for businesses because it centralizes the data in a way that helps increase optimization of available data to attain desired results.
- Improved sales training: With sales automation system, sales managers are kept up to date with each sales personnel’s activities including opportunities, sales figures, and customer contact histories. With this information sales managers can pinpoint the areas of underperformance.