Unleash the Power of Mobile to Improve Sales Productivity!!
by Nitin Gupta, on Jun 6, 2017 1:07 PM
Mobile sales productivity apps can be a great asset to sales reps and the entire sales team. Let’s take a look at how sales reps can unleash the power of mobile sales productivity apps to stay ahead of the competition.
- Integrated personal apps: Mobile sales productivity apps can integrate all the various personal applications that sales reps use on a daily basis. These include apps such as phone, calendar, email, etc. When personal apps are integrated and made accessible via a single console, it saves a lot of time and effort that normally goes into switching between various apps to look for or to update information related to sales activities.
- CRM accessibility: Mobile sales productivity apps allow sales reps to access their company’s CRM systems on the go. Sales reps can easily find information they are looking for and automatically update key details such as call/meeting details, important notes, etc. The information is automatically shared across the internal sales network that may include other sales team members, managers, sales director, etc.
- Keeping it simple: These apps come with easy-to-use features that allow sales reps to complete the most complex and time consuming tasks in just a few clicks. The look and feel and user experience is quite the same as everyday consumer applications, which are designed from a user’s perspective and don’t intend to overwhelm the user with functionalities. These apps are also intuitive, which makes it easier for users to carry out various tasks.
- Task oriented approach: These are designed around everyday tasks, rather than just the purpose of integrating various personal applications. Sales reps often have a specific set of tasks to complete, which can be described as their workflow. The same can be automated using a mobile sales productivity app, which significantly improves overall efficiency of sales reps.
- Native development: This is another key characteristic of a mobile sales productivity app. This is considered superior to HTML5 web apps, as it offers numerous benefits such as access to software and hardware device capabilities, improved speed and increased battery life. Native apps use the device’s inbuilt memory, which provides for a speedier, smoother user experience. Also, native apps offer improved integration with the device’s components such as sensors, camera, GPS, push notification, etc.
- Offline access: This feature can be very useful for sales reps, since they are often on the move and the network may not always be around. Important information and details can be automatically downloaded on the device in advance, enabling anytime, anywhere access to sales reps. Network problems are not limited to remote locations and can surface even in the busiest parts of a city, which is why offline access is a must-have feature for sales reps.
- Auto-sync: It would be quite frustrating if sales reps have to wait for the network to update important information. Even more so when the network is fluctuating in the ‘on’ and ‘off’ mode for a time period that seems like forever. Auto-sync is a key feature in mobile sales productivity apps, as it can automatically update information across various apps whenever a connection is available.
- Deep device integration: Today, it’s GPS, camera, sensors, etc., but in the future, new components may be added to devices. Mobile devices are evolving at a fast rate and mobile sales productivity apps should be able to provide integration capabilities for new software and hardware components as well as new device accessories.